At Bright Farms, your horse is our passion. We pride ourselves on excellence in service, and hold our
riders to a standard that reflects our own commitment to them. At our farm, we have a “no nonsense”
policy. This means that we expect our riders to avoid unnecessary drama, focusing instead on making
the farm a better environment for both themselves and their fellow boarders. Bright Farms is also a
family-friendly business. We expect that our riders conduct themselves in a way that befits the often
present children and younger riders. Lastly, we seek to be kind and helpful to others. Our farm will
always be a brighter place when the people who come here improve each other’s lives through their actions.
▪ Close ALL gates behind you after you open them
▪ No smoking, vaping or drug use on the premises. No alcohol is allowed other than at authorized events.
▪ Barn access is limited to posted business hours unless otherwise pre-arranged with the Barn Manager.
▪ All riders are required to sign a Liability Release form prior to participating in any equine activity.
▪ All riders under 19 must wear a ASTM/SEI certified helmet. Riders over 19 must sign an additional release form if they choose not to wear a helmet.
▪ Appropriate closed toe footwear (ideally boots) should be worn at all times on the property. No flip flops or open toed shoes are allowed. For safety reasons, this applies to family and visitors, as well.
▪ All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children 12 or older are welcome to be dropped off thirty minutes prior to a lesson and picked up thirty minutes after the lesson.
▪ All boarders under 14 riding outside of lessons must have adult supervision. Please contact the barn prior to dropping off a minor outside of lessons.
▪ No running, yelling or inappropriate language. Bright Farms is a family friendly environment.
▪ If you turn it on, turn it off. If you open it, close it. If you take it out, put it away.
If you borrow it, return it. If you or your horse makes a mess, clean it up.
▪ Do not leave full muck buckets or wheel barrows in the aisles. Please empty them when finished cleaning.
▪ All horses must be properly cooled down and groomed after each ride.
▪ Only the owner and people approved by the owner may ride a privately-owned horse. Written approval of additional riders must be provided to the Barn Manager by the owner.
▪ Outside trainers are welcome at Bright Farms. Please coordinate this with the Barn Manager. An arena fee will apply for each session with an outside trainer.
▪ All grain and supplements supplied by owners must be given to the Barn
▪ Do not feed any horses that you do not own without permission from the Barn Manager or horse owner. If an owner authorizes someone else to feed their horse, it is the owner’s responsibility to notify the Barn Manager in advance.
▪ Do not leave your horse unattended in the cross ties or other areas. Turn out in designated turn out areas only. No horses may be loose in the arena at any time.
▪ Damage caused by horses is the owners responsibility.
▪ All feed rooms, offices, hay and shaving storage and other designated areas are off limits.
▪ For safety reasons, do not touch or climb on any of the equipment (Polaris, Tractors etc).
▪The maintenance barn is for employees only.
▪ All dogs must be leashed for their own and the horses safety.
▪Clean messes made by the dogs